- She is our mother and intercessor. Mary is our mother in the spiritual sense, and she intercedes for us with her son, Jesus. She is always there to listen to our prayers and to help us find Jesus.
- She is our model of faith and trust. Mary is an example of perfect faith and trust in God. She never wavered in her belief in Jesus, even when he was suffering and dying on the cross. She can help us to have the same kind of faith and trust in God.
- She leads us to Jesus in the Eucharist. Mary is often depicted with the Eucharist in her hands. This is because she is the one who gave birth to Jesus, and she is now the one who brings him to us in the Eucharist. When we receive the Eucharist, we are united with Jesus in a special way, and Mary is there to help us make that connection.
- She prays for us. Mary is always praying for us, even when we don’t know it. She knows our needs, and she intercedes for us with her son, Jesus. She can help us to find Jesus through her prayers.
- She shows us the way to Jesus. Mary is the one who pointed the way to Jesus when he was born. She is the one who told the shepherds and the wise men where to find him. She can help us to find Jesus in our own lives by showing us the way.
Since you’re here …
… we have a small favor to ask. More people are reading Mystic Post than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Mystic Post’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.